Saturday, May 18, 2013

"Shoreline Surprises" ~ Mixed Gemstone Free-form Beaded Embroidered Pendant Necklace.

"Shoreline Surprises"



*Click photo once or twice for larger image.

Mixed Gemstone Free-form Beaded Embroidered Pendant Necklace.

That's a long name for this project, but it goes a long way in explaining what it is exactly.

It is made up of an assortment of  glass beads, and the stones are turquoise, jasper, agate, sea shells, pearls, crystals, and two Ammonites.  (Click on the photo for a closer view.)

As in most of my bead embroidery projects, the beads are sewn on one at a time, or at the most, two at a time.  Then they are sewn through again (and sometimes more than twice) for added strength and to align the beads properly. 

There is one addition in this pendant that I'll call a " fiery crystal," although I don't know the exact name for it and I can't find them on-line.  (A very sweet friend sold me this one.)  It's very strongly AB-coated (Aurora Borealis) and prismatic with a flashing fiery look.  In the pendant, it is seen in the lower right corner and looks a bit yellow.  I'd be interested in finding more of these if anyone knows a source.  It's almost impossible to get a good photo of it, as it reflects light so strongly, but above I've posted two views. 

This project was very enjoyable and I learned a lot from it.  This is why I love beaded embroidery - it is challenging and meditative all at the same time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment