Thursday, June 30, 2011

*The White Album*


The White Album


Color, of course, is intoxicating. But white is intriguing. Every tint, shade, tone and degree of the "color" white captures my attention and imagination. White equates peace and serenity to me, so what better way to celebrate white than a white album.

*The White Album* is my biggest and fattest altered art book yet.

44 pages of photos, fabrics, chunky items like buttons, lace, ribbons, and my usual beloved vintage ephemera.
The old photos in the book are part of my collection of vintage photos.

The new/contemporary photos of white things are photos I took myself specifically for this book. Their inclusion add a small touch of modern to the otherwise antique look of the book.



ABOVE PHOTO:  Left side: back cover of book. Right side: front cover of book.

Below are the pages in "The White Album"

click on any photo to enlarge it for better viewing





















4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I did a white album, too, a few years back as part of a "True Colors" round robin. I'll have to post some photos on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful Lynn! Every page is wonderful! I especially love the white measuring stick! How fun!
    You are incredibly creative!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are utterly amazing at putting things together! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ALL so much for the very kind and generous compliments on my WHITE altered art book! I really appreciate it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete